Playing for Change: International Conference and Workshop in Lüneburg
On June 12th and 13th 2014 Game Collective members and scholars will meet up in Lüneburg for “Playing for Change”, a day-long event to explore how play and games can be used as agents of change in society and how the boundaries between playing and making games are being blurred.
The conference will bring together the following international cast of participants to share their thoughts and practices on games and play:
- Greg Foster – The Larks (UK)
- Jennifer Aksu and Sebastian Quack – Invisible Playground (DE)
- Matteo Cremenosi – IOCOSE (IT)
- Amani Naseem – Copenhagen Game Collective (DK)
- Scott Gaule – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Joost Raessens – Utrecht University
- Mathias Fuchs, Sonia Fizek, Paolo Ruffino, Niklas Scharpe, Fabrizio Poltronieri and Enrique Perez – Leuphana University
The event will be held at the Center for Digital Cultures of Leuphana University.